The refrigerator is one of the essential equipment of the family kitchen. However, homemakers will face problems arising from use. You will ever encounter problems such as: not cold, sticking snow, or freezing, and many other conditions that damage the refrigerator.
Today’s article will give 6 common mistakes and how to fix it. However, for those cases need to replace parts or need repair experts, we recommend that you should not fix the refrigerator. You contact a reputable repair unit to repair damage.
You should note when you perform the repair on the fridge. You must also ensure that the fridge has been disconnected from the power supply. This helps you avoid the unfortunate case of danger.
#1. Refrigerator Is Freezing and How to Fix
- You put all the food, drinks, ice tray, everything in the fridge out. To ensure that food is not broken when they are outside the refrigerator, then you should use heating packs to keep food. Or you can fix the refrigerator when food reserves are running out of the fridge.
- Open all doors of the fridge to let the snow melt in the fridge. You should also put a cup of hot water or use a fan, which makes snow melt faster.
- We should clean the inside of the compartment of the refrigerator by using cleaning wipes. You wipe everything inside the fridge, take out the plastic tray and let dry. You wait until the snowpack melts, you insert the plastic tray in position.
- Now it’s time give food in the refrigerator and plug the power supply. Refrigerator will work again
#2. How to Fix The Refrigerator Is Not Cold
If the fridge is not cold, the food will be damaged, spoiled. To solve this problem, you simply follow the instructions below to help the refrigerator operate efficiently.
- Check your power supply: You can check this problem by looking at the light in the refrigerator. If the light is still on, it means that the power supply of the fridge is working properly. If you see the lights do not work, you check the source plug.
- Check the plug of origin: check the operation of the power socket. Sometimes, you will encounter the case as the damaged electrical outlet. Therefore, the plug is not connected to a source of energy, which makes refrigerators do not work. Be sure to check the power button of the fridge. Be sure to test the power button is On or Off mode.
#3. Closing Door Tightly After Every Use
Every time you take food, you should lock the refrigerator door very carefully because if the door is not closed tightly, the cold air will leak out. This not only makes the food not well preserved but also make your home energy bill increases.
Also, if you put the refrigerator where the refrigerator is uneven will be tilted. This makes the refrigerator door does not close automatically.
#4. How to Fix The Refrigerator Is Not Freezing
There are many reasons for not freezing. Before you begin to repair the refrigerator we need to find out the causes. You need to know the cause of equipment malfunction. And you will have the exact approach. Here are the common causes of your refrigerator when is not frozen.
- The circulating pipe is clogged: Cold air will be put in a refrigerating unit via pipeline, if this tube is clogged, the cold air will not circulating from the refrigerating unit to air conditioning. This led to the failure of the freezing. If circulating pipe clogged by snow (ice), then you will solve directly. You just turn off the fridge, wait for snow disappeared. And the refrigerator will operate normally. If the tube is blocked with dirt, you need to replace a new circulating pipe.
- A broken light switch: Light switch will operate based on the closing or open the door. When you open the door, so the switch will light. If you close the door, the light will turn off, and the refrigerator is still operating as normal. If this switch fails, the light inside the cabinets is still on. If the lights on, it will emit a certain amount heating. And this affects the temperature inside the refrigerator.
- The defrosting is not working: If the defrosting is not working, snow (ice) will accumulate around the wire evaporator. This makes evaporator operation is not normal, and the refrigerator will do not frozen. These are a complicated situation you may not be able to handle, call the repairman to solve for you.
#5. A Broken Rubber Gasket of Door
Rubber gasket on the cabinet door – it will help the refrigerator is closed and keep the temperature stable. This contributes to preserving food in the fridge, and the food will be fresh for longer. If the rubber gasket is damaged, it was quite cold in the refrigerator will leak out, the hot air from outside will spill into the cabinet. The refrigerator will not be frozen. You should replace a new rubber gasket.
#6. Refrigerator Emits Strange Cries
During operation, sometimes you’ll notice a strange sound from the fridge. Here are some common cases:
- Checking the fridge was in balanced position or not? If you put the fridge in an unbalanced position, the refrigerator will emit sound when operated.
- If you see the refrigerator emits sounds of wind: When the refrigerator is working, the fan motor will cause noise. This is the usual sign.
- If you hear the cry of “re re” as the collision of objects: You check the back of the refrigerator. You observe the pins of the machine. If they slip or shift position, you fixed it.